6th August 2023: BBB: Subterranean Showdown 2023 - Beetles / Ants

BBB: Subterranean Showdown 2023 Event page

BBB are once more going underground… come witness the beetleweights that lie beneath at Subterranean Showdown 2023. We’ll be invading Loco Klub, set in the Victorian ash pits under Brunel’s original Bristol Temple Meads station, for another day of beetleweight action on August 6th. Subterranean Showdown is an event like no other; unique surroundings, no internet, no live stream… be there in the moment!

Again, we’ll be focussing on new builders and new designs:

• New builders are those new to the weight class (This is your first or second beetle event including the upcoming Rapture event)

• New robots have not competed in any other tournament, including any older version of it - including the upcoming Rapture event - you may not switch out robots later)

We’ll also be trialing a lottery based signup based on feedback from first-come signups.

The signup form will be active for 1 hour on Tuesday 6th June from 7-8pm - all the info you need at bbb.gd/sub

🍺 Bar available for beer, cider and soft drinks (this is a great event to pop to on the train!)
👀 £5 spectator tickets available now: hdfst.uk/E89881
🐜 £5 Antweight arena access fee & entry to bbb.gd/donate (please write “sub” and your name in desc)

⚠️ Loco Klub is a Victorian underground venue, built in former ash pits. As such, you should be aware there is no daylight or mobile signal in the venue, and a variety of bright lights, loud sounds and interesting smells. If this is likely to be overwhelming, please email or message our page before signing up or buying tickets so we can advise. Any under 18’s must always be accompanied by an adult at the venue.

2 Likes

Beetle signups for Subterranean Showdown 2023 are tomorrow 7-8pm at bbb.gd/sub All the info is on the page, have a good read and do comment if you have any questions :slight_smile:

We’ll be doing lottery allocations prioritising new builders and new robots for this one - but don’t worry, lots of other beetle events are coming up this year: Rapture, Robodojo, SCAR, Burgh and of course BBB Champs!

Antweight arena access open now at bbb.gd/sub
Spectator tickets available now: hdfst.uk/E89881

We’ll see you underground in a couple of months!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hype! Timer set to see if I can bring out the new lad to see how it fairs.

2 Likes

What information do you get asked for in the application? I’m asking in case I need to prepare any specific pictures of the robot.

A reminder it’s not an application, just sign ups with lottery allocation rather than first come first served.

@Ioan we’d know you’re new to beetles and we’ve seen your forum posts, so you’d qualify for the priority criteria (new builder or new robot)

The things you’re asked for in the form (should only take a minute, but you have an hour to fill it in):

• Your Full Name (and other team members names if applicable)
  • Please select the most applicable:
    • This will be my first or second beetleweight event as a competitor (new builder)
    • This will be the first event for this beetleweight robot (new robot)
    • I would like to enter a pre-existing robot.
  • Your Robot Name
  • Weapon type / short description of robot
  • I feel I qualify for the priority criteria because: (links to images here if you have them or write N/A if pre-existing robot)
1 Like

We’ve emailed all beetle sign ups for BBB: Subterranean Showdown 2023 - Mini Robot Wars - Beetleweight Robot Combat!

Check your emails! We’ll see you in a couple months! :slight_smile:

Spectator tickets: hdfst.uk/E89881

Antweight Arena access: bbb.gd/sub

We’re a month out!

2 weeks left for beetle competitors proof of mobility!

Antweight arena access and spectator ticket links above :slight_smile:

📷 Stuart Camp

All the fights with timestamps from yesterday:

Thanks to all the competitors, crew and spectators for a brilliant day. Great to see so much fresh blood and new designs! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That was such a fab event Joe. As much as I’m sad I couldn’t participate I had absolute blast watching.

Sorry to drop out and hopefully will make the next one!

2 Likes

Thanks Sam glad you enjoyed, and looking forward to seeing your crazy cluster bots in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like