Building my first spinning weapon

I’ve always opted to not build a spinner, but one design I have would make very good use of a small saw blade.
I am considering purchasing a BE1806 2300kv Brushless Motor (and associated esc) from the BBB shop, but I wonder how viable this is as a motor for a cutting disc (not to be a heavy, launch-your-opponent style spinner). Will this be suitable?
In addition, please could I have recommendations on where to source a disc that would be compatible with the motor?

1 Like

I would recommend something larger as that motor a very popular drive motor for Beetles not sure what size a saw would work i use 2505.5 in a spinner but saws a different kettle of fish

1 Like

An 1806 to power a saw is probably about right for antweight.

If beetle tho you’ll want something significantly more powerful. Saws need a good amount of torque, more so than conventional spinners, so personally I’d be looking quite a lot bigger for beetle saw motors.

They’re also current hungry so over spec the esc too

1 Like

Kv is relevant aswell as size, I’m using that motor for an antweight spinner so if it’s antweight it would be perfect but way too small for beetles.
The lower the kv, the more torque the motor will have but it will spin slower.
A higher kv will spin fast but with less torque
It is the ratio between the motor speed and the voltage applied. Eg, the 2300kv motor would spin at 2300rpm with 1volt applied. On a 3s Lipo (11.1 V) it would spin at around 25500rpm

1 Like