Event for budding Roboteer

Hi. I’m supporting a 10 yr old and he’s just finished building his first Antweight. We’d like to come along to an event to see if that’s something he’d feel comfortable getting involved in further down the line and perhaps, to get advice. Is it okay to just come and watch? Which events would you recommend. We are based in Evesham. I see an event in Oxford on 11th May, Bristol 25th May and Gloucester on 29th June. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Hey Alan, welcome to you both!
I think both the Oxford and Bristol event are good ones this month to come spectate and chat - they’re both open to the public and good for spectating. Oxford they’re running ants so may be more useful to you, we’ve got beetles on in Bristol :slight_smile:

I’m a 13 year old and am working on an antweight. This seems interesting.

I think the Bristol event on 22nd June is an Antweight and I’ll definitely look at that. The Oxford event this weekend would be nearer for me though but there’s no schedule or contact details on the events listing web page (or on the follow through links). Anyone any idea…

2 Likes

Where are you based? Would be good to find a small circle of newbies. We are in Evesham.

1 Like

Hi Alan, the Oxford event has a Facebook page which you could use to contact them and get more info. It is called “ORCS - Oxfordshire Robot Combat Society”.

2 Likes

thank you. Am exchanging messages with them now.

I’m looking to get to the Bristol ants in June if I get my robot done by then. I was going to go in march then other things popped up. I’m new and around the same age as your son aswell. I’m based in west Midlands