Help with Antweight

Ok I think I’ll shrink it a bit and thin it out
What’s a good weight
My components weigh around 110grams so I’m trying to get the chassis to weigh 30g.
What’s a good size for a vert ant
I’m going to make the walls 2 or 1.5 mm
Should that be enough to get it in weight

That seems quite a lot of weight in the base components. What are you using again? I imagine you can cut weight here easier than chassis

2 n10s
34mm wheels
BBB dual ant esc
Bbb Brushless esc
Bbb ant Brushless motor
Monsoon robotics brawler weapon 20gram
And anything else from the BBB drive kit
19 gram battery

The dual esc is fairly chunky. What transmitter + receiver are you using?

The flysky i6 with the receiver from BBB.
I know the malenki is lighter by a lot but it wasn’t in stock when I ordered and I’m now not I’m a place to buy another one

For future reference if you can’t get a malenki then n20 reds are an option

Even with your relatively heavy components I’d expect it to be less than 100g. A few pics would help us see where you might be able to cut weight. It’ll mostly be shortening wires and soldering directly instead of using connectors. e.g. the receiver is 1.5g lighter if you remove the pins

1 Like

I have a bunch of the older malenkis that are in robots/chassis I’m probably not going to do anything with. Yours for a song if you think it would help. Drop me a line.

But yeah I think something is going on that a picture would help. Does feel like the base components are heavier than they should be.

Smaller wheels, mounting the drive motors lower and sloping down the rear of the chassis should save some weight whilst still allowing you to drive inverted (which is what I’m guessing you are going for).

1 Like