I can’t find anywhere which gives me info on forks and wedges. Any idea where I can find so info on them?
What do you want to know?
Anything I just trying to find out as much out as I can
Bolt 'em to the front, have them hang off. So long as it’s a solid wedge that touches the floor, it’s a fork
i dont think theres any direct resource with info on forks and wedges. if you could give some examples of things you think would be useful to know, perhaps we can start putting a resource together with info on forks and wedges.
I found this pretty helpful Ground game n shit - Google Slides
I am mainly trying to find out the advantages and disadvantages of using wedges and forks
The best thing you can do is look at some build threads and watch a bunch of fights to see how people configure their robots for the opponents they fight. Generally you pick a wedge to deflect horizontal spinners, and forks to get underneath vertical spinners and control bots, but you can also design forks to withstand horizontals, or a ground scraping wedge to get underneath verts.
Since it’s so dependent on your opponent there aren’t many universal advantages and disadvantages, but in general a wedge is less good at getting underneath opponents than forks (as a wider front end is more likely to come off the ground due to a high spot on the arena floor), and forks that are too aggressive can get entangled with (or even stuck inside) an opponent, or stuck under the arena wall.
You can go all out and design a modular front end to support either, but you can also design a big metal or TPU wedge with fork mounts, then just omit the forks when fighting a horizontal, giving you some extra weight for wheel guards or extra bolt-on bits of wedge.