I suck at drawing GT2 profiles

Hi all. As above really. I’ve never been able to draft a functional GT2 timing pulley and it’s getting a little silly now. It’s 100% a me issue and something I’ve gotten lazy with.

Any guides or plugins appreciated! I model in solidworks but have fusion on tap for odds and sods if it matters.

1 Like

Probably not as helpful as I’m sure you’ve used this before, but if it’s not an oddball tooth count, I’ve had some success with using 3D CAD Models Community - PARTcommunity - 3D & 2D CAD Models in the past, some manufacturers list their models as accurate parts which means I can rip the profile and modify as required. If there’s a plugin for timing pulleys I’d love to get my hands on it as it’s pretty labour intensive.

In the past I have used this video tutorial for Fusion 360. https://youtu.be/qV_C6Xu-WKY?si=2IP_R52tR50MYJQ2

I am not sure about the differences to how it works in solid works but if you know how the parameters work in that or can find a separate tutorial for those you might be able to use the info from both together to make one in solid works.

1 Like

This is grand, will have a crack and get some printed up and tested!

For fusion I just use the macmaster car integration and drop in a real pulley and modify it from there

1 Like