Sneak Peak at Pawsitively Hissterical

We’re all set, passed safety yesterday and attached the new super dangerous weapon.

4 Likes

Awesome looks purfect.

Is it TPU this time?

The outside legs, front and back are TPU. The pink parts are PLA+ for the rigidity. Otherwise it was too floppy for the drive system to work.

1 Like

Paws went 0-2 and had a glitter rumble. We did take a hit or two from Frustration but learned from that fight. I tapped when it looked like they could hit the gears on top that I had no spares of.
Second fight was against Molten. It was another nasty vertical but the drivers were amazing. They intentionally didn’t spin up their weapon the whole fight so they could practice driving and we could have 3 minutes of silliness. I tapped when there was 10 seconds left so that it didn’t go to the judges and they would get the knockout.
The glitter rumble was with Harold, Timber, and Mouse Mouse driven by Christine’s daughter (outside of the box podcast). We filled the flowers with glitter, Timber was loaded up with glitter, and we had a blast. I was trying to get Harold to destroy Paws but he had overheating issues.
But overall it was a fun event. Much silliness was had.

Always a pleasure to see your bots in the box (Especially FDoTD, hope it’s enjoying its retirement!)

Any plans for June’s Norwalk?

1 Like

I’m going to try to bring both bots, Paws and Revenge of Mouse Mouse. But with a registration cap in not sure I’ll be able to. If I can only bring one it’ll be Paws. And I’ll bring Revenge of Mouse Mouse for grudges/freestyles. Paws will have a new secret weapon, or a new secret use for an old weapon.
I like the balance of fun and competitiveness of RoMM, and I think that’s going to be the one that I bring to other events. But without the spiky tail, it really messed with driveability.

1 Like

4 Likes

Glad you had a blast and great to hear you had sporting opponents up for the silly!

It’s been a while. But Revenge of Mouse Mouse went 0-2 at the May NHRL event. First lost was because of a bad battery/not being able to test how long it would last. I made it 2 minutes and it was doing well, but it just decided that was all it had in it. Second fight it lasted the full 3 minutes but 2 minutes of that was with one wheel. While doing my spins a grub screw worked its way off the motor shaft and left me crab walking the rest of the fight. I never did see the judges scorecards after the fight but it was probably close. Probably split on control and aggression, but they got damage because they had all their wheels.
NHRL did some editing magic and it blew up when they posted the short on YouTube, so they are now the proud owners of original Revenge of Mouse Mouse. It was a decision I made pretty quickly because it needed a redesign. Plus, it was the bot that I put the least amount of design thought into and I would like to do it properly this time (as a 12lb?).

1 Like