Yellow TPU no longer exists?

chat am I cooked?

Over the years I’ve had to bounce between a good few brands of the yellow tpu I use on literally all my robots. These seem to have progressively got worse and worse from the nice sunflower yellow on the original JackHammer to the more luminous ugly shade I’ve been using recently. even keeping the brand the same the shade seems to be becoming more transparent and vomity with every new spool.

The issue I’m having now is that I can’t find ANY 95A tpu in a yellow that doesn’t look completely horrific. It seems to me like yellow simply isn’t selling because most brands seem to offer like 4 different shades of beige and not a single yellow. try it! please advise. Ideally I’m looking for a supplier where I can buy a lifetime supply from now so I don’t have to have a stress breakdown over the colour yellow again thx. x

current best I can find and it’s even worse in person

also note ideally I wouldn’t be paying like £40 per kg but I fear I may have to at this rate. I have found a couple of candidates at this price point on 3d Jake but ideally looking to avoid this if I’m trying to build a larger robot lol

I got you, fam! Buy the TPU you normally use in white, print out the part you need and then get yourself some of this.

This is Rit DyeMore. What sets it apart from the regular Rit Dyes is that it is it works really well with TPU! I should know, I use it on Sunday Drive!

1 Like

As a man who also indulges in the yellow life I share your pain. That’s the real reason I don’t build MotherLoaders anymore.

Overture are my go to but unsurprisingly OOS. I’ll be watching this thread with interest.

Overture does stick some yellow high speed tpu, but not sure if that’s what your looking for.

SainSmart 32595405 Neon Color TPU, 1.75mm Flexible TPU 3D Printer Filament 800g, Dimensional Accuracy +/- 0.05 mm, Neon Yellow : Amazon.co.uk: Business, Industry & Science Sainsmart Neon Yellow has been my go-to for about 3 years now, an oasis of decent in a sea of puke.

3 Likes

Thank you all!! I knew the forum wouldn’t disappoint

Have ordered a couple of different spools to go head to head and will mass order the best one lol

great to see my fellow yellow lovers have my back :yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

3 Likes

I’m a polymaker yellow enjoyer. It’s fairly spenny for tpu, but is a very nice shade of yellow (and colour matches with yellow hdpe pretty well)