Data Breach Beetleweight Build

Mini update. While waiting for the new Hardox forks to arrive I figured I’d get a nice beauty shot of Data Breach and with the lifter setup fully assembled, I gave DB a weigh-in with the long forks which would be the heaviest forks the lifter could use. Just under 1.4kg so plenty of weight left for anti-hammer-saw/ axe top armour.

The beauty shot. This time around the lifter gets to be the starring weapon. Depending on how the next two events go I might drop the axe module in favour of an alt lifter setup.

Next two events? Yes!

Thanks to Wither a.k.a. Luca and his Dad being awesome with offering to help get me to more events, Data Breach MK3 will be competing at Mini Beasts In The East 2 this month and the BBB Beetle Champs 2024 in October.

3 Likes

The axe module has been wired up and ready for testing. After a chat in Discord, I will test the herringbone gears and a slightly tweaked version of the old gears to decide best which will improve the durability of the axe mech.

The last few bits of TPU parts steadily coming off the printer. The first one is the top amour for the lifter.

Next was some anti-horizontal spinner wedges for the lifter should I need the lifter.

For situations where I need to give spinners a tougher meal the old Hardox wedge from CSB: Echo will get put to use. Today the paint was stripped off and the top lip was modified to have an angled form.

I have also reinstalled the servo extender for the lifter. I opted to use the maximum range the arm can have to improve self-righting as I was a little fearful the bot may struggle in battle.

The wood board is out must be testing time. DB’s revised axe mech works lovely even if the new Repeat Max V2 outputs slightly less RPM. To my surprise, the axe can happily self-right in one action this time. No somersaults or a forward and backward motion this time. I only tested with the old gears installed as I was pleased with the results. As I said in my last post I reinstalled the servo extender and the bot self-rights lovely. (All tests in one video)

After the tests, I found that the forks catch on the underside of the wedges when the axe self-rights as it pushes the forks more than expected. I added crude chamfers to the wedge’s midsection, and now the forks slide back into the slots.